It is that time of year where you are looking to renew your TIE and perhaps solicit and obtain a Regreso. Thankfully, the process is easier than you think. It requires some organization, copies of documents, payment of tasas, and some paperwork that only your school can supply you at the end of the school year,
Follow the steps below to complete the TIE RENEWAL and check back in the coming days for a new post regarding the Autorización de regreso.
TIE RENEWAL DOCUMENTS
These are the required documents needed for the TIE Renewal as of June 2019
Here are the steps on how to fill out TASA MODELO 790- CODIGO 052:
PRESENT RENEWAL DOCUMENTS
Take your documents in person to a Public Registry in any community.
*YOU DO NOT NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO DO THIS!
You can find a PUBLIC REGISTRY near you by GOOGLING ¨Public Registry¨ I will update a list of options in the coming weeks.
Steps for Autorización de regreso will be addressed in a new Blog post in the coming days. Below you can familiarize yourself with the TIE RENEWAL and the TIMELINE.
Timeline for TIE Renewal and overview of the process:
1. Each participant has 60 days prior to the expiration of their TIE...which for many is June 30th. These documents which will be outlined below must be turned in to a Public Registry where they will scan the documents and present you with a stamp or sticker stating they have received your documents for process of renewal on your EX00 Form.....we will get to that further down in this post.
2. There is a three month window after you have submitted your documents to the Public Registry where you will receive by mail a letter that states the status and resolution of the Renewal of the TIE Application. A positive status of the Renewal will state the status as "Resolución-Favorable" or if there is lack of documentation or issues "unfavorable". The status of this letter will allow you to to schedule and take your digital fingerprints at Aluche.
You can also check the status of your TIE by texting "638 444 386" followed by your NIE y12345c.
You will receive an SMS message stating your status of your application.
3. Once the Resolución-Favorable is obtained you are able to make your digital fingerprint appointment with Aluche by clicking here.
4. You will supply the necessary Documents and Tasas to the Extranjeria and you will take your prints for the card. They will supply you a Government Document that you will need to save in order to pick up your new TIE.
5. 35 Working days after you have taken your fingerprints you are able to physically pickup your new TIE with the letter that they supply you that is stamped on your EX 00. An official piece of documentation will be needed such as a Passport to obtain the new TIE Card. An invalid TIE will not be sufficient for picking up new valid TIE Card. You may also refer to any of the AUX Pages and search ¨LOT Number¨ and this will tell you what set of TIE Cards are ready. You can refer to your LOT NUMBER by looking at the three number digit at the top of your paper that the EXTRANJERIA supplies you with initial fingerpirnt appointment.
**NOTE; This blog and posting are based on my prior experiences over the past 4 years. Information is subjective to change and individuals are responsible for their own understanding of the current laws and information pertaining to this process. This is to my best ability and understanding.
Dreamer. Lost in the moment.
Podunk Wyoming native, living and thriving in Madrid. Lover of Craft beer and art.